Information we collect from you
We collect personal data about you when you complete forms on our website ( www.deepbluerestaurants.com) or when you correspond with us by other means such as email, phone or otherwise. This includes when you use our WiFi Service provided in some of our restaurants.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Our website and your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
All our website financial transactions are handled by ZPos Ltd. and backed by Worldpay.
What we do with your personal data
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
How we protect your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your password.
Your rights to control your personal data
Under the GDPR you have certain rights in respect of the personal data we hold on you. The main rights are:
- Your right to access your personal data we hold on you;
- Your right to rectify any data that we hold on you that is incorrect or requires updating;
- Your right to have your data deleted (in some instances); and
- Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in the UK that is the Information Commissioner's Office)
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. This will be provided to you in a readable format. Should you wish to exercise this right please contact:
e-mail : email@example.com or
By post to: Deep Blue Restaurants, Chapter House, 33 London Road, Reigate RH2 9HZ
Alternatively, you can visit any of our premises and make you request in person.
Which ever method the request is made, we will have to verify you are entitled to make the requests as the data subject i.e. the person whose data we hold.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent and inform us to delete some or all personal data we hold on you. There maybe legal reasons why this is not possible – if that is the case we will fully explain our reasons. You have the further right to appeal our decision to the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/ or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about how we have managed your personal data – The UK's supervisory authority is The Information Commissioner's Office who can be contacted at http://www.ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/ or via their helpline on 03031231113.
We will only contact you for marketing purposes if you have consented to any such contact and the agreed the method of contact. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected with your consent.
The Data Processor for any data concerned with our website is Zpos Ltd.
Cookies & Analytics
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. We may use "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website.
We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
THIS LINK will take you to a table that specifies which cookies we use on our website www.deepbluerestaurants.com